The Young Scientist Competition offers undergraduate/postgraduate students and those one-year after graduation based in the UK the opportunity to present their current/recently completed food-related projects in front of their peers and to a panel of food professionals. Entrants are required to submit an abstract of no more than 150 words on their subject area.
Successful applicants will be invited to present at the regional final on 07 June at Bath Spa University where they will compete for a prize of up to £200. To make sure the audience is included, there will also be a prize for the best presentation on the evening.
This is your opportunity to support the next generation of food scientists in your local region!!!
Full programme and presentations to be confirmed
|20.00||Annoucement of Winners|
- David Baines, Baines Food Consultancy Ltd
- Julia Hewerdine, CSci, Group Technical Projects Manager, Dawn Meats
- Clare Menezes, Quality Development Director, Europe, Middle East & Africa, McCormick
- Tom Abbott, Technical Manager, Pret a Manger
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the following for sponsoring this competition:
- Bath Spa University - Venue
- Dawn Meats are sponsoring the Undergraduate Prize Winner (£200)
- Pret A Manger are sponsoring the PostGraduate Prize Winner (£200)
- SCI - offering FREE membership and providing sponsorship for the winners
ENTER THE COMPETITION If you are a student studying at any university in Scotland then why not enter today for your chance to win up to £200! Enter today!
ATTEND THE FINAL - If you would like to attend the final to support the next generation of food scientists in your local region, why not register today for FREE to hear the presentations!