This annual competition, now in its sixth year, is organised by IFST’s Northern Ireland Branch and is open to students studying for a degree at CAFRE, UU, QUB or the Open University in Northern Ireland.
Final year Undergraduate students are asked to submit a one page abstract (250 words max) on their project or work experience. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to give a 10 minute presentation at the event where they will outline the outcomes from their project or work placement and its relevance to the food and drink sector and/or policy.
Previous winners have gone on to secure employment in the local Agri-food sector. Prospective employers have benefitted from attending this event to support local talent at the start of their careers.
|19.45||Buffet (sponsored by NIFDA)|
|20:15||Presentation of Awards|
- Dominic Darby, Titanic Consulting, Chair of IFST'S Northern Ireland Branch
- Craig Leeman, Food Standards Agency - Northern Ireland
- Eammon Donnelly, Dale Farm
- Winner to receive £1000*
- Runner up to receive £500*
- Other finalist to each receive £50
- NIFDA mare kindly sponsoring prizes* and buffet on the evening of the event
- University Ulster, Coleraine are providing the venue for this event
Entry to the competition has now closed.
ATTEND THE FINAL - If you would like to attend the final to support the next generation of food scientists in your local region, why not register today for FREE to hear the presentations!
*Please note that a second instalment of £500 and £250 would be payable to the winner and runner up, respectively, were each to be employed in the agri-food industry in 6 months time.