IFST membership provides a variety of opportunities to get involved and network with other IFST members at many levels. Here's how you can get involved:
- Register your interest in our subject interest areas. Here you are able to share information, best practice and engage in discussion with fellow members through our forums.
- Join in activities organised in your local IFST region. Regional groups provide various opportunities to network with fellow members in your local area.
- Attend IFST organised events
- Use our online member finder facility in the Members area to contact other members
Volunteering is an excellent way to obtain skills. IFST has a number of opportunities for members which we believe will enhance your career and in some cases give you experience in advance of your next role or simply allow you to give something back to the Institute.
Current opportunities include:
- Joining a Standing Committee
- Joining a subject interest area working group
- Contributing to IFST responses to public consultations on national issues
- Helping as a technical expert
- Contributing to Information Statements
- Writing for Food Science & Technology
- Submitting a paper for publication in the International Journal of Food Science and Technology (IJFST)
- Joining your local regional committee
For further information about how you can get involved, please contact Erin Taylor.
Where you can help us:
- Help to support schools and education eg by giving a talk at your local school (Promotional material is available)
- How to promote IFST to your students (17+)