Come into the dragons' den!
Ecotrophelia is an EU-wide Dragons' Den style competition rewarding student teams who have developed the best eco-innovative food products. The UK competition is organised jointly by IFST and Campden BRI and is open to teams of students from UK universities.
The 2014 UK national heat will take place on 10th June at Campden BRI, where teams will pitch to our "dragons" for a share of a prize fund worth over £3500. The winner will be announced at Campden Day on 11th June and the winning team will go forward to the European competition on 19th and 20th October at the SIAL trade fair in Paris.
The panel of dragons is made up of key figures from the UK food and drink industry and includes industrial, governmental, professional and media representatives.
- Brett Warburton - Executive Director, Warburtons
- Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne - Founder, Genius Gluten Free
- Alan Coxon - TV Celebrity Chef and Culinary Innovator
- Lucy Foster - Food Chain Research Programme Manager, Defra
- Alec Kyriakides - Head of Product Quality, Safety & Supplier Performance, Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd
- Helen Munday - Director Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, The Coca-Cola Company
- Ian Noble - Director of Breakthrough Innovation, PepsiCo
- Margaret Patterson -President, IFST
- Rick Pendrous - Editor, Food Manufacture
- Steven Walker - Director General, Campden BRI
The closing date for entries will be Friday 21st March 2014.
Interested in entering a team in 2014?
You can read about the entire Ecotrophelia experience from the view of a UK team member on her blog - My experience entering the Ecotrophelia competition 2013.
Download more information
If so, send your expression of interest to: Jane Emery.