Come into the dragons' den!
Ecotrophelia: European Food Innovation Student Awards
Ecotrophelia is an EU-wide dragons' den style competition rewarding student teams who have developed the best eco-innovative food products. The UK competition is being organised jointly by IFST and Campden BRI and is open to teams of students from UK universities.
The UK national heat will be held on 5 June 2013 at Campden BRI, when students will pitch for a share of a prize fund worth over £3500, from our "dragons", a panel of top food industry managers:
- Brett Warburton, Executive Director, Warburtons
- Helen Munday, Director Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, Coca-Cola North West Europe & Nordics
- Ian Noble, Director of Breakthrough Innovation, PepsiCo
- Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne, Founder, Genius Gluten Free
- Judith Batchelar, Director of Sainsbury’s Brand
- Lucy Foster, Food Chain Research Programme Manager – defra
- Margaret Patterson, President, IFST
- Professor Colin Dennis, Immediate Past President, IFST
- Mike Knowles, Chair of the Ecotrophelia Europe Judging Panel
- Professor Steven Walker, Director General, Campden BRI
- Rick Pendrous, Editor of Food Manufacture
Prizes will be awarded to the best teams as follows:
The winners will be announced at Campden Day on 6 June and the Gold team will go forward to the European competition, to be held at ANUGA in Cologne, Germany on 6 and 7 October.
Each student in the Gold, Silver and Bronze teams will receive one year's free IFST membership and a book prize sponsored by Elsevier.
Interested in entering a team in 2014?
If so, send your expression of interest to: Jane Emery.