IFST Jubilee Prize
To celebrate our Jubilee Year, IFST will be offering seven students the opportunity to take part in one of our main events of the year, the Jubilee Conference & Dinner or the Jubilee Lecture.
The prize includes:
- Attendance at the Jubilee Conference and dinner (14-15 May 2014) or the Jubilee Lecture (November 2014) in London
- Travel within the UK and accommodation (if winner lives more than an hour from Conference or Lecture)
- 1 year free IFST membership
- Invitation to become a Young Ambassador during the Jubilee year
The prize is open to all students registered at a UK university or college of higher education studying food science or a related subject, from Foundation level through to PhD.
Prizes will be awarded to one student from each of IFST's seven regional branches* (see Regions). Students can apply in either their home or term-time branch, but not both.
To enter, please submit 500 words on a new innovation/discovery and its potential impact on food production, food processing or product development.
Submit your 500 words and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 March 2014. Winners will be notified in April 2014.
* The Ralph Blanchfield Award 2014 - the IFST South Eastern Branch is offering an additional prize to be open to students on relevant undergraduate courses in the South Eastern Branch area. Eligible applicants will automatically be considered for this prize.