We are delighted to support our close partners at IFT and their very exciting international leadership development programme, the Emerging Leaders Network (formerly Lead 360).
IFT Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) is a highly selective global leadership program established for new professionals in the science of food who are eager to expand their leadership skills. The program is designed to bridge the gap between the participant’s academic experience and their on–the–job training.
Could you be our Emerging Leaders Network representative?
We are looking to hear from our most promising future food leaders – could you represent IFST and participate in an amazing programme of activities – all travel, accommodation and entry expenses paid!
Please make sure you fit the following criteria:
- Under 10 years of professional experience in academia, government, or industry (at time of application) – those who are students in a food science related discipline are welcome to apply also
- Plans to continue in a role that supports the advancement of the profession
- Demonstration of leadership skills and potential for further development
- Availability and commitment to attend the IFT19 Emerging Leaders Network seminar from 31 May to 2 June 2019 in New Orleans, USA
- Participants will also have full registration to IFT19 Annual Event taking place between 2 and 5 June 2019 in New Orleans, USA
- Letter of reference
- An up-to-date CV
- Personal statement (1000 words max.) to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to attend IFT and take part in the ELN?
- What do you hope to gain from the experience?
- What might you will be able to contribute to IFST or the sector when you return?
- How does taking part in the ELN and attending IFT fit into your career plan?
Please send you application to Kiu Sum, Education and Careers Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on Tuesday 8 January 2019.
The nominated individual will be notified be Friday 11 January 2019.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ift.org/community/new-professionals/emerging-leaders.aspx