Our membership comprises individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, from students to experts, working across all aspects of food science and technology, and from academia through to enforcement.
As soon as you become a member, you’ll start receiving membership benefits in the form of newsletters and event alerts.
But our membership isn’t just about engaging events. Our goal is to be your passport to knowledge, contacts and professional development at every stage of your career.
- Enhance your status and stand out from the crowd as a member of a professional body as a Member (MIFST) or Fellow (FIFST)
- Gain Professional recognition as a Food Safety Professional, Food Auditor or Mentor, Registered Sensory Scientist, Chartered Scientist, Registered Scientist or Registered Science Technician
- Use our myCPD management tool to keep your record of professional development up to date
- Join our online Consultant Directory
Scientific knowledge and expertise
- Get the latest news from Food Science & Technology Magazine (quarterly - online & print)
- Keep up to date with our peer-reviewed Information Statements
- Free online access to International Journal of Food Science & Technology and discounted rates for the print version
- Reduced rate to the Journal of Food Processing & Preservation
- Member-only discounts on other guides and publications
- 35% discount for most print books available from Wiley
Networking and career opportunities
- Access to a network of over 2500 food professionals
- Join and engage with any of our Technical, New Professional or Student networks
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Attend IFST conferences and technical meetings at a discounted rate
- Take advantage of our joint membership with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) and gain access to additional benefits that they offer
- Browse our job vacancy and consultancy forums
- Give something back to the industry by becoming an IFST volunteer
- Enter competitions and apply for bursaries and IFST Ambassador roles