The Contemporary Issues in Animal Science course will provide you an overview of contemporary practices in animal science, including production of healthy and safe animal-based foods; use of fewer resources, livestock production and animal welfare.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the key issues facing livestock production in the 21st century
- Critically evaluate the challenges and opportunities facing applied animal science research in addressing these issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between fundamental and applied science
- Use appropriate tools to identify reliable information and literature on a given topic
- Communicate research findings clearly