The Poultry Nutrition course is intended to complement the other courses in the programme Postgraduate Certificate in Poultry Health and Production and provides professionals working in and with the poultry production industry an understanding of the underlying science and application of poultry nutrition.
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Be familiar with the poultry industry / poultry products both in the UK but also globally
- Demonstrate understanding of the key elements of poultry nutrition covering energy, protein / amino acids, vitamins, minerals, fats.
- Explain the importance of feed intake an its influence on bird performance.
- Evaluate current research and advanced scholarship in the fields of poultry nutrition.
- Describe common feeding systems employed in the poultry industry.
- Appreciate the practicalities of assessing nutritional value of raw materials and compound diets.
- Work in groups to deliver assignments thus also developing communication skills.