IFST has partnered with the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT ) to offer a joint international membership to food science and technology professionals.
This membership is ideal for anyone who wants:
- Access to an international network of like-minded professionals
- Up-to-date and trusted information on the latest developments and innovations in food science and technology
- Exclusive access to job opportunities and international connections
As a joint member, you will be able to take advantage of the following:
IFST Member benefits
- Enhance your status and stand out from the crowd as a member of a professional body (MIFST, FIFST)* in the UK and Europe
- Gain Professional recognition* as a Food Safety Professional*, Food Auditor or Mentor*, Registered Sensory Scientist*, Chartered Scientist*, Registered Scientist* or Registered Science Technician*
- Get the latest news from Food Science & Technology Magazine (Quarterly - online & print)
- Free online access to International Journal of Food Science & Technology and discounted rates for the print version*
- Attend IFST Conferences and technical meetings at discounted rate
- Connect with a network of professionals through technical, networks and your local branch
IFT Member benefits (updated August 2017)
- Exclusive member discounts to IFT annual event and expo
- Access to the digital version of Food Technology magazine
- Connect with the British Section IFT, including member-only Section events and activities
- Complimentary access to valuable professional and career resources developed by IFT, including member-only content and tools on ift.org, all live and on-demand IFT webcasts, and IFT Connect, IFT’s online networking and discussion community
- Face-to-face and virtual networking opportunities with an international community of food professionals
- Certified Food Scientist (CFS) application fees and recertification, online courses, short courses, the Journal of Food Science (JFS), IFT Press books, and more
"In my role at Campden BRI, I meet and work with clients internationally, so having the opportunity to subscribe to a joint membership of both IFST and IFT is really helpful to me. Both organisations share common goals in terms of encouraging food professionals to share and develop their knowledge but their different perspectives – from the UK and the EU versus the US means that I benefit from a broader range of ideas and views. It also opens up both communities of Food Scientists to network with. I was already involved in supporting IFST’s work, especially encouraging young talent to join the food sector – I now have the opportunity to combine this with Campden BRI’s links in the US to help facilitate connections globally." Bertrand Emond, Joint IFST/IFT member
Exemptions TO NOTE:
Existing IFT members: This offer is available to IFT members* for only £76.00, plus the relevant IFST subscription rate. To take advantage of this offer, professional, emeritus, and emeritus professional members would be required to become standard IFT members, which will result in a change of membership dues, benefits, and privileges.
Existing IFST membersThis offer is available only to members residing in the UK and are Full Associates Members and Fellows (excludes students, postgraduates and anyone part of a Group membership scheme).
If you would like to speak to a member of the Team, contact the Membership Team.