We are looking for a highly energetic and experienced business development professional with a strategic, conceptual and creative mindset to provide day-to-day leadership and direction within our dynamic and growing professional Institute.
The individual will have attained a BSc or equivalent level and have demonstrable experience in marketing or business development. Ideally, they will have previously worked for a professional membership body and are likely to have experience in the food sector. They will also be experienced in managing communications and social media functions.
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator, both written and in person, and therefore able to engage and work with people at all levels.
This is an important senior management position within the Institute. The role has responsibility for leading the delivery of our growing marketing and communications functions which are critical to much of the Institute’s outputs. In particular:
- Along with other members of the senior management team, works with the Board of Trustees to determine the overall strategic direction for the Institute and contributes towards creating and delivering the business plan.
- Actively seeks new growth opportunities which will support the Institute’s charitable object and further its mission.
- Develops and leads new projects or workstreams which will deliver enhanced services or new income streams
- Acts as a lead for business development relationships and activities
- Leads and coordinates our marketing and communications functions including media, social media and communications channels
- Works with the Marketing & Business Development Manager to maximise the Institute’s brand recognition and reputation
- Helps to promote the Institute on a national and international level, acting as a key representative of the Institute for external engagement
Working within our small team, this role has direct line responsibility for three individuals: Marketing & Business Development Manager, Communications Coordinator and Digital Marketing Officer.
Delivery of the outcomes of this role is therefore partly through direct personal delivery, partly through the line management of these three individuals and partly coordinating and working with the Institute’s valuable volunteer members.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Jon Poole at email@example.com