The first five years of your career are extremely important. At one end, you are transitioning from graduation into your first role and trying to find your footing in the sector. As you become more experienced, you will be looking to expand your professional network, get recognised, and further your career.
At IFST, we realise how crucial these first five years are. This is why we have created a New Professionals network to help you accelerate your career.
New Professionals Group
The New Professionals Group aims to support and engage with anyone who has recently graduated from University and is in the early stages of their career. The aim is to expand networks with other new professionals joining the food industry. The Group hopes to achieve this through regional events, forum discussions and more as agreed by the group. If you have any suggestions as to what we can work on, please do get in touch!
Benefits for New Professionals
- Attend IFST Conferences and technical meetings at discounted rate
- Gain professional recognition through our registers using our myCPD management tool
- Join and engage with our technical networks
- Access to our New Professionals network (includes meet up events and workshops)
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Get the latest news from Food Science & Technology Magazine (Quarterly - online & print)
- Opportunity to post about your current work experience and other member experiences
- Presenting opportunities
- Exclusive access to our job vacancy forum
- Free online access to International Journal of Food Science & Technology and discounted rates for the print version
and much more!