The Young Scientist Competition offers undergraduate/postgraduate students (UK) and recent graduates, the opportunity to present current/recently completed food-related projects in front of peers and to a panel of food professionals. This year, we are hosting competitions at London Metropolitan University and Manchester Metropolitan University.
The competition is a great opportunity to network with fellow students from various universities and professionals working in the food industry. You will also learn more about IFST and the benefits of being a member.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- The undergraduate competition is open to all first, second, third and final year students. The subject and presentation does not have to be taken from your dissertation: it can be taken from a piece of course work or work experience.
- The postgraduate competition is open to all current MSc/PhD students and ‘early-career’ postgraduates.
- You must be 29 years old or younger (born after 31 January 1988)
- £250 First Prize + 1 year membership of IFST and SCI
- £25 to all other finalists
HOW TO ENTER
Entrants are required to submit an abstract no longer than 150 words on current work or a recently completed food-related project from areas such as Food Science, Food Technology and Human Nutrition; as well as other areas that help our understanding of foods (such as Sensory Science; Food Safety Management; Food Consumer Behaviour). Successful applicants will be invited to present at a final where you will be judged for scientific, originality, innovation, industrial applications and effective communication.
Successful applicants will be notified shortly after preliminary judging has taken place.
ENTER TODAY to avoid disappointment. Closing date for entries 28 March 2018. Please note that there is an earlier deadline for Scotland - 21 March 2018.
2018 YOUNG SCIENTISTS COMPETITIONS
Find out more about the competition and judges!
|Scotland||03 April||Abertay University||Meet the Judges|
|Manchester||17 April||Manchester Metropolitan University||Meet the Judges|
|London||9 May||London Metropolitan University||Meet the Judges|