Sustainability is one of the most important topics in the current agrifood sector and has become a subject of debate for governments, major companies, and the general public. That is why the ‘What is Sustainability?’ course introduces participants to the latest research in Sustainability and the relevance of this topic across the food industries. Through online lectures and seminars, you will explore the different frameworks of sustainability, including economic, ethical and environmental measures, and a practical sense of when and how these frameworks should be applied.
By completing this course you will be able to :
- Critically evaluate the various definitions of the term ‘sustainability’
- Select appropriate frameworks for the assessment of sustainability
- Critically evaluate the sustainability of particular systems.
- Use appropriate tools to identify reliable information and literature on sustainability related to food and environmental industries
- Communicate research findings clearly
- Demonstrate good academic practice in the use, citation and referencing of source material