At IFST, we are dedicated to supporting the next generation of food scientists. Our goal is to be your passport to knowledge, contacts and professional development at this early stage of your career and to support you as you bridge the gap between university and industry.
If you are studying full or part-time at foundation degree level or above within the UK and are interested in pursuing a career in food, we encourage you to join IFST as a student member.
As a student member you will have access to:
- Discounted rates on food events with opportunities to expand your network and meet industry leaders and specialists
- Full access to our student community that includes useful information on preparing for your career
- The latest industry and scientific news from our quarterly Food Science & Technology Magazine (paper and online)
- A wide range of online resources
- Opportunities to enter IFST competitions and win great prizes
- Priority booking for our Student Launchpads
In addition to this, as a student member you will also receive all of our Full Associate member benefits for a fraction of the cost, just £22.
Our support doesn't stop after graduation either. To show just how dedicated we are to supporting your future food career, we offer a discounted membership rate for the first three years after graduation.
Your IFST student membership will demonstrate your commitment to, and passion for, the food industry. It will help you stand out from the crowd when you're looking for your first role in food - for example, Marks & Spencer recognises IFST membership in their job specifications.
Applying for membership only takes a few minutes. If you have any questions about student membership, please get in touch.