If you are studying a full or part time at foundation degree level or above within the UK and are interested in pursuing a career in food, we encourage you to join the IFST as an Associate (Student) member.
As a student member you’ll have access to:
- Discounted rates on food events and conferences
- Full access to our student community that includes useful information on preparing for your career
- A wide range of online resources
- Opportunities to enter IFST competitions and win great prizes
- Take part in our student-led group
In addition to this, as a student member you’ll also receive all of our full Associate member benefits for a fraction of the cost, just £21.
After graduation, to show just how dedicated we are to supporting your future food career, we offer a discounted membership rate for the first three years after graduation.
Your IFST student membership will demonstrate your commitment to and passion for the food industry and may be useful when you apply for further study options, sector work experience or permanent posts. IFST membership will help you stand out of the crowd when you're looking for your first role in food - for example, Marks and Spencer recognise membership to IFST in their job specifications.
At the right time in your career, we’ll also support you in your application to become a full IFST member.