The International Journal of Food Science & Technology (IJFST) will be expanding its editorial team in 2023 and would like to hear from potential new Associate Editors.
The Associate Editor’s primary role is to secure the publication of high quality original research papers and commission high quality review articles to the journal in their subject area, to supervise the peer review process and to make recommendations for final decisions to the Editor in Chief on submitted articles.
Candidates should ideally:
1. have extensive experience in an editorial role on a peer reviewed journal
2. be motivated to maintain the high standard of editorship and standing of the journal
3. be committed to promoting the development of food science and technology through the publication of high-quality, innovative research
4. be able to demonstrate an active publishing record in peer reviewed journals in their field and have an active, international research network.
5. be prepared to exercise excellent management and administrative skills, as they will be working to continual deadlines and should expect invest a significant time commitment to handling, reviewing and commissioning articles.
6. be committed to upholding the core values of both the Institute and Wiley, including but not limited to safeguarding the highest standards of scientific integrity and ensuring professionalism where dealing with colleagues and authors from groups which may be excluded or marginalised within academia.
We particularly encourage applications from all candidates, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender identity, disability, or other protected characteristics underrepresented in academic positions.
Joint applications from two individuals proposing to share the role are also very welcome, especially to increase diversity in terms of gender, geographical region, research topic or approach.
Successful candidates will expected to work in close cooperation with the Editor in Chief, the Institute’s and a dedicated publishing team at Wiley.
Potential applicants wishing to discuss the role informally should contact the Editor in Chief, Professor Charles Brennan (email@example.com).
Applications should comprise your CV and a covering letter, including an outline of how you will develop the journal’s article output in your subject area and should be sent via email to Charles Brennan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking for an additional new Associate Editor to strengthen our Editorial team especially in the areas of Nutrition and/or Biochemistry.
With the support of the Editor-in-Chief, the Institute of Food Science & Technology and Publisher, the new Associate Editor will lead the commissioning and oversee the peer review of subject focused original research and review articles, submitted within their subject area.
This role is part time (approximately 4 hours per week) and the post holder will benefit from an honorarium.
Candidates should apply by February 28th, 2023. The initial term of appointments is 2 years.