The Western Branch organises a number of technical visits and holds meetings/joint meetings that allow topical discussion throughout the year.
Chair: Louise Roberts
Past chair: David Baines
Secretary: Ian Jaques
Other members: Simon Dawson, Martyn Allcorn, Claire Talbot, Peter Sampson, David Brown, Mary-Jane Hawkes.
The Western Branch hosts an annual conference in their region. This one-day event provides current and future food industry professionals with up to date information relating to the management of food safety through the use of good hygienic design in the production environment. It answers some of the questions:
- What is hygienic design and why is it important?
- Who are EHEDG and what can they do for me?
- How can I design my food factory for hygiene - the building, the layout, the processing equipment, the cleaning systems etc.
- Hygienic design and Global food safety standards
- What Guidance and training is available
- EHEDG certification scheme
During the Conference you can meet Committee Members of the UK & Ireland regional section of the European Hygienic Engineering Design Group and IFST and find out what they can do for you.
If you would like more information about how to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - we meet up to 9 times a year, alternating between Cardiff and just outside Bristol and are looking for new members in the region within academia and industry - so please do come and take part!