- Annual Memberships and Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Annual subscriptions run on an ongoing 12-month basis:
- A non-member applying for a Professional Level and/or one of our Specialist registers is required to pay the full subscription rate for that category.
- The subscription payment is non-refundable if an application is unsuccessful. Associate member benefits will apply if an application is unsuccessful.
- However, if a decision to cancel a new membership and/or registration is made within 30 days of the payment being processed, and the application has not been passed on to our Membership Assessment Panel (MAP), a refund can be provided less a 10% administration charge. We aim to refund this amount (which will be confirmed in writing) by credit card or bank transfer and therefore you may need to provide additional details on request. Refunds may take up to a month to process from the date of written cancellation being received.
- Please be advised that there is an admin fee of £16.00 for processing a paper-based application (i.e. for applications not submitted using our online application system). This is only applicable to memberships. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Applications from individuals studying a food related/food science related course at an institute of higher education will be accepted as a Student Member and eligible for the student membership rate.
- No member shall be permitted to remain as a student member for a period exceeding 4 years in aggregate.
As part of our commitment towards general advancement and application of food science and technology for the benefit, safety and health of the public, we offer Reduced Subscription Rates for:
- Low-income members
- Retired members
For more information on these rates, please get in touch by emailing us at: email@example.com
We are looking to grow our membership and what better way to do that than by referrals from our members? Renewing your membership between October and December 2021 provides you with the opportunity to refer up to two friends, colleagues or contacts as new associate (or above) members. Each new member you refer will benefit from a £20 reduction on their membership fee for 2021-22. For every person, you refer (up to two per member) you will receive a discount code enabling you to deduct £20 off your fees when you next renew your membership. Take part, tell your friends and help us build a stronger IFST.
Terms and conditions
- Offer applies to existing members (Associate, Member, Fellow) paying a full subscription fee by card, renewing their membership from 1 October – 31 December 2021.
- The offer is open for a period at the discretion of IFST - currently 1 October – 31 December 2021.
- To qualify, eligible members should request discount codes for up to two friends, colleagues or contacts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The discount code will entitle a new applicant to a £20 reduction in the membership fee for an application submitted before the end of December 2021.
- After a new member(s) has submitted their application and paid their fee using a discount code, the referring member will receive a discount code (worth up to £40).
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offers or membership discounts or concessions.
IFST is the leading professional body for food technical professionals providing career professional development, knowledge resources and a community for our members, If you are working in a technical role in the food sector at a senior level but are yet to join IFST, this is for you. Being part of a professional body, networking with your peers and having opportunities to contribute and invest in your profession is an important part of your professional development. We invite you to "pay it forward" by joining IFST and simultaneously supporting an up-and-coming food technical professional by nominating them to also join us FREE. IFST will fund your nominated member for the first year by using your membership fee, thus growing and feeding the future of the food profession.
Terms and conditions
IFST demonstrates its commitment to growing the technical food profession by investing in our ‘Feeding our Future’ campaign during 2021-22. For each new nominated senior IFST member who joins us (the first 150 to apply), IFST will fund joining and membership fees for another individual nominated by the new joiner, as long as they meet our Associate member criteria. IFST will approach key individuals who are not existing members and invite them to join and nominate. Individuals are also able to nominate themselves and must have been working in the food profession in a senior role for at least 10 years. We encourage all new members to share their achievements on social media in line with our member social media guidelines.