Would you like to make a difference in the advancement of food science and technology amongst your fellow professionals and the wider food science community? Do you have time and enthusiasm to share your knowledge, insights and expertise with your fellow IFST members and influence the scientific outputs of your institute?
IFST is looking for new members to join our Scientific Committee. Our recent outputs and successes include the Horizon Scanning Report, various information statements and content in the COVID-19 Knowledge Hub. We are particularly looking to increase the diversity of the group in line with IFST’s diversity statement and are keen to welcome members working in manufacturing backgrounds.
IFST Scientific Committee is a governance committee that oversees scientific, technical and legislative activities, ensuring we are producing and referencing reliable and authoritative resources on food science and technology topics, and feedback to the Board. It is made up of volunteer members of IFST and coordinated by Scientific Affairs Manager, Natasha Medhurst FIFST.
We are inviting members to apply to join the Scientific Committee to enhance our work in this area. It will provide you with the opportunity to work with other members, the Executive Team and the Board of Trustees, in a unique capacity to influence the Institute’s outputs and raise the status of food science and technology, and of the profession. Of course, volunteering is also a great way of networking and engaging in Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Your involvement would include:
- providing high-level insights on the resource needs for the sector
- helping to create, curate, coordinate and review IFST’s Information Statements and other technical resources, on food science and technology topics
- identifying and reviewing ‘trusted resources’ for signposting
- contributing to responses to food-related consultations
- attendance at three committee meetings a year (on-line or face-to-face at IFST London office, when we are able to again), plus others as deemed necessary.
We are particularly looking for individuals from manufacturing backgrounds, to increase our depth and breadth of insight in these areas.
Please contact us if you would like further details please contact Natasha Medhurst, IFST Scientific Affairs Manager.