How do Group Schemes work?
We can support your organisation with a professional development framework for your teams. With a Group Scheme in place, you simply cover the membership and registration fees of your food science and technology people in one annual payment and in return we offer an overall discount and help you design and run a professional development scheme, covering membership and our professional registers.
As a Group Scheme business, you and your team can access:
- a fast-track member and register application process
- our online continuing professional development scheme (myCPD)
- an annual review of your professional development scheme
- one free advertisement per year in one of our online publications
- ten free events listing
- invitations to the IFST Lecture
- our support for a professional development event at your premises
- a certificate for your organisation’s reception to demonstrate your commitment to developing your team.
By offering group schemes we have opened-up membership to a far wider audience whilst at the same time fostering much closer relationships with organisations in the sector and stronger links with academic institutions.
Jon Poole, IFST Chief Executive
Give us a call to learn how a Group Scheme can support your organisation.
Professional recognition for your team
Professionalism is expected of everyone in the food sector. Promoting professionalism through a professional development scheme helps to set your organisation apart.
Our professional development schemes have membership at their core but also include our Food Safety Register as well as the Science Council’s Chartered Scientist and Registered Scientist registers. These are competence based awards which:
- complement training programmes
- help your organisation demonstrate best practice, high standards and regulatory compliance
- illustrates your organisation’s commitment to good science
- develop your teams so your meets targets and success criteria
- increases morale and motivation
- identifies and develops your team’s talent
- improve performance
- support recruitment and retention
- provides you with external validation of your efforts to promote professionalism in your organisation.
Our group schemes
We are proud to be working with:
|2 Sisters Food Group||Acumentia|
|Barfoots of Botley||Cranswick|
|Eurofins||Food Centre Wales|
|Food Standards Agency||Food Standards Agency (Northern Ireland)|
|Leatherhead Food Research||LGC|
|Marks & Spencer||McCormicks|
|Salsa Technologies||Morning Foods|
|NSF International||Premier Foods|
|Pret a Manger||Sainsbury's|
|Food Standard Scotland||The Global Food Safety Initiative|
Lucozade Ribena Suntory
ZERO2FIVE Food Industry Centre
University of Reading AFTP
Group Schemes for universities
We pride ourselves on building strong links with universities to enhance students' experience and support their transition into the world of work. A Group Scheme covering food science students will give your students unparalleled access to our events, competitions and awards, networking opportunities, and resources. Academic and ancillary staff can also join a university Group Scheme.
|Sheffield Hallam University|
|Nottingham Trent University|
|University of West London|
|Manchester Metropolitan University|
For more information about our scheme or to arrange a meeting to discuss the needs of your university, please contact Delia Mertoiu.