We are looking for an Events Coordinator to support our work to promote food science and technology for the benefit, safety and health of everyone.
This exciting role primarily supports the Institute's member-led meetings and events but also supports the delivery of centrally-led events. In particular, responsibilities include:
Administering and coordinating member-led and other events
- Coordinating arrangements and resources in preparation for our member-led meetings and events – in particular, Branch and SIG events and technical visits - including, liaising with venues, speakers, delegate registrations and handling event queries
- As above for the Institute’s 'Student Career LaunchPads’ and other student events and competitions
- Supporting the Marketing Manager with the event organisation for IFST’s centrally-led events, such as the Spring Conference and Lecture
- Promoting events and issuing reminders and post-event follow-up to attendees
- Administering the events listings and information on the website and elsewhere.
Member and non-member service and administration
- Delivering a friendly and professional service to members and non-members, both via email and by telephone
- Taking membership payments over the phone
- Maintaining accurate and effective data records.
- Maintaining and updating procedures and manuals relevant to the functions and responsibilities of the role.
- Contributing to shared team activities within the office
- Participating in development projects and other activities as required
- Other tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
If you are interested in developing your event management skills, join us to help put our ambitious plans to grow our membership and events over the next few years into practise. Send us your CV and a cover letter - please ensure you have read the person specification. We will look at applications as we receive them. If we think you could be right for the role, we will ask you to come in to meet us.
No agencies please.