CHRO 2019 - the 20th Campylobacter, Helicobacter and Related Microorganisms conference
Organised by IFST Northern Ireland Branch
The IFST and the UK organizing committee is delighted to invite you to the 20th Campylobacter, Helicobacter and Related Microorganisms conference. CHRO19 is the world leading international conference on Campylobacter, Helicobacter and related organisms given the important impact these organisms have on the global food supply chain and public health.
CHRO 2019 Theme
The theme is Campylobacter, Helicobacter and the related organisms in the 3rd millennium: Challenges and expectations. This international workshop will feature presentations by international and local experts reporting their most recent scientific updates and will provide the opportunity to meet, listen to and interact with world-class experts in the areas of scientific and clinical research, public health and industry.
One of the keynote speakers will be Robin Warren Nobel Laureate. He proved that the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) plays a major role in causing many peptic ulcers, challenging decades of medical doctrine holding that ulcers were caused primarily by stress, spicy foods, and too much acid. This discovery has allowed for a breakthrough in understanding a causative link between Helicobacter pylori infection and stomach cancer - so his session alone is assured to secure our attendees number for our meeting.
Key Topics include:
- Bioinformatics, Genomics and Evolution.
- Immunology and Host response.
- Pathogenicity and virulence factors.
- Poultry and non-poultry epidemiology and ecology of Campylobacter sp.
- Antibiotics and antimicrobial resistance.
- Methods for Detection, Identification and Characterisation.
- Control strategies for Campylobacter sp.
- Emerging and Related Organisms species.
- Outbreaks/Epidemiology and public health.