We encourage all Food Science and Technology students serious about a career in the industry to become an IFST Student Associate. Unique networking, professional and academic opportunities as well as all the benefits of Associate IFST membership for just £22 a year!
Testimonial from a Student Associate Member
"I joined IFST as a means of enhancing my food industry network and have been extremely fortunate in engaging with key individuals within the food and nutrition sector. Further, being made Secretary of the NI Committee alongside Student ambassador on the Student Group has provided me with countless opportunities to expand my knowledge, network and passion for the food industry! I relish getting to partake and organise various events and always look forward to receiving the IFST Newsletter as part of my membership. Not only has IFST enhanced my motivation to pursue a career in the food sector, it has also encouraged me to promote it to fellow peers-something I 100% recommend!" - Anna Monaghan
Anna is a PhD researcher in Iodine and Pregnancy at NICHE Ulster. She is also an active member of the student group.
- Demonstrate your commitment to the Food Science & Technology Industry
- Participate in our Student Launchpads and in our Competitions held annually across the UK
- Stand out to employers by recording your professional development with myCPD with a 70% discount for all IFST members
Scientific knowledge and expertise
- Access our Food Science & Technology magazine, International Journal of Food Science & Technology, reduced rates to other guides and publications and a 20% discount on most print books available from Wiley
- Develop your knowledge and expertise with our peer-reviewed Information Statements and Food Science Fact Sheets
- Attend over 60 events, conferences, workshops and technical visits organised each year